168 illustrations & photos
Compendium of Sacro Occipital Technique: Peer-Reviewed Literature 1984-2000
This volume contains all of the articles on the subject of Sacro Occipital Technique that were published in the chiropractic peer-reviewed literature from 1984 through early 2000. Developed by Major Bertrand DeJarnette, D.C., Sacro Occipital Technique (SOT) is a comprehensive method for the diagnosis and treatment of neuromusculoskeletal dysfunction. DeJarnette applied the principles of engineering, osteopathy, and chiropractic to his conception of the body as a three dimensional holographic matrix. It is a view which encompasses the interrelationships that exist among the body and gravity, the viscera, cranial bones, cerebrospinal fluid, and meningeal dynamics, together with local and general endocrinological, neurological, and energetic effects.
Dr. DeJarnette devoted his life to the investigation of methods for treating all forms of neuromusculoskeletal dysfunction. He conducted research at a time when it was not in vogue in chiropractic. Peer-reviewed literature was not an avenue for chiropractic research until the early 1970s. To further DeJarnette's goal, the Sacro Occipital Technique Organization-USA has undertaken to support chiropractic research and to explore SOT methods of diagnosis and treatment. Compendium of Sacro Occipital Techniques represents the first single-volume collection of all published research pertaining to Sacro Occipital Technique. Supplementary volumes will be released as new research is published in the chiropractic literature in the years ahead.
- A Comparison of Four Chiropractic Systems in the Diagnosis of Sacroiliac Malfunction: V. Maltezopoulos, D.C. and N. Armitage, D.C.
- Craniopathy and Dentistry: David G. Denton, D.C., D.I.C.S.
- From Head to Foot: David G. Denton, D.C., D.I.C.S.
- Biomechanics of the Pelvis: David G. Denton, D.C., D.I.C.S.
- Biodynamics of the Cranium: A Survey: Charles L. Blum, D.C.
- The Effect of Movement, Stress and Mechanoelectric Activity Within the Cranial Matrix: Charles L. Blum, D.C., F.I.C.S.
- Chiropractic: The Cranial Sacral Complex: Jonathan Howat D.C.
- Sacro-Occipital Technique: The So-called Arm-Fossa Test. Intra-examiner Agreement and Post-treatment Changes: Charlotte Leboeuf, Delia J. Jenkins and Robert A. Smyth
- Cranial Therapeutic Approach to Cranial Nerve Entrapment Part I: Cranial Nerves III, IV, and VI: Charles L. Blum, D.C.
- Sacro-Occipital Technique: An Investigation into the Relationship between the Arm-Fossa Test and Certain Examination Findings: Charlotte Leboeuf, Delia J. Jenkins and Robert A. Smyth
- Relationship Between CSF and Fluid Dynamics in the Neural Canal: Michael F. Flanagan, D.C.
- The Sensitivity and Specificity of Seven Lumbo-Pelvic Orthopedic Tests and the Arm-Fossa Test: Charlotte Leboeuf, D.C.
- Cranial Therapeutic Approach to Cranial Nerve Entrapment Part II: Cranial Nerve VII: Charles L. Blum, D.C.
- Major Bertrand De Jarnette: Six Decades of Sacro Occipital Research, 1924-1984: Ned Heese, D.C.
- The Reliability of Specific Sacro-Occipital Technique Diagnostic Tests: Charlotte Leboeuf, D.C.
- Visceral Manipulation and the Treatment of Uterine Fibroids: A Case Report: Karen Cook, B.A. and Stephanie A. Rasmussen, D.C.
- Neuromuscular Effects of Temporomandibular Joint Dysfunction: Vincent Esposito, Gerald Leisman, and Yael Frankenthal
- Temporomandibular Disorder Associated with Sacroiliac Sprain: Thomas M. Gregory, D.C., PH.D.
- For Debate: Cranial Adjusting—An Overview: Frank O. Pederick, B.APP.SC, FRMTC
- A Preliminary Single Case Magnetic Resonance Imaging, Investigation into Maxillary Frontal-Parietal Manipulation and Its Short-Term Effect upon the Intercranial Structures of an Adult Human Brain: Marc G. Pick, D.C.
- A New Management Model for Treating Structural-Based Disorders: Dental Orthopedic and Chiropractic Co-Treatment: Albert S. Chinappi, Jr., D.D.S. and Harvey Getzoff, D.C
- The Dental-Chiropractic Co-Treatment of Structural Disorders of the Jaw and Temporomandibular Joint Dysfunction: Albert S. Chinappi, Jr., D.D.S. and Harvey Getzoff, D.C.
- Chiropractic Sacro-Occipital Technique Treatment of Arthrogryposis Multiplex Congenita: Harvey Getzoff, D.C. and Thomas M. Gregory, D.C., PH.D.
- Sacro Occipital Technique: Robert Copperstein M.A., D.C
- Cranial Mandibular Motion Technique: Harvey Getzoff, D.C
- Chiropractic/Dental Cotreatment of Lumbosacral Pain with Temporomandibular Joint Involvement: Albert S. Chinappi, Jr., D.D.S. and Harvey Getzoff, D.C.
- A Kaminski-type Evaluation of Cranial Adjusting: Frank O. Pederick, B.APP.SC., FRMTC
- Treatment of Sacroiliac Joint: A Review of Procedures: John Tabar, D.C.
- The Effect of Cranial Adjusting on Hypertension: A Case Report: Deborah M. Connelly, D.C. and Stephanie A. Rasmussen, D.C.
- The Step Out-Toe Out Procedure: A Therapeutic and Diagnostic Procedure: Harvey Getzoff, D.C.
- The Relationship Between Sacro-Occipital Technique and Sphenobasilar Balance. Part One: The Key Continuities: Charles L. Blum, D.C. and Darryl D. Curl, D.D.S., D.C.
- The Relationship Between Sacro-Occipital Technique and Sphenobasilar Balance. Part Two: Sphenobasilar Strain Stacking: Charles L. Blum, D.C. and Darryl D. Curl, D.D.S., D.C.
- The Effects of a Pelvic Blocking Procedure Upon Muscle Strength: A Pilot Study: Joseph F. Unger, Jr., D.C., D.I.C.S.
- Spinal/Cranial Manipulative Therapy and Tinnitus: A Case History: Charles L. Blum, D.C., F.I.C.S.
- Grand Rounds Discussion: Patient with Acute Low Back Pain: Michael J. Schneider, D.C., James M. Cox, D.C., Bradley S. Polkinghorn, D.C., Charles Blum, D.C., Harvey Getzoff, D.C., and Stephan J. Troyanovich, D.C.
- Sacro-Occipital Technique Categories: A Systems Method of Chiropractic: Harvey Getzoff, D.C.
- Cranial Therapeutic Treatment of Down’s Syndrome: Charles L. Blum, D.C.
- Chiropractic and Sacro-Occipital Technique in Asthma Treatment: Charles L. Blum, D.C., F.I.C.S.
- Developments in the Cranial Field: Frank O. Pederick, B.APP.SC, FRMTC