Zang Fu Pattern Identification Study Guide
- PDF This eBook is available exclusively as a PDF and is readable with the free Javelin PDF Reader, accessible from your Account page after purchase. See eBook FAQs for details.
Zàng fû pattern identification (臟腑辯證 zàng fû biàn zhèng) is a method that is used to analyze the signs and symptoms of disease according to the physiological functions and pathological characteristics of the zàng fû organs, individually and in concert with other organs. On this basis, one can infer the etiology, pathology, location and nature of a disease. It also reveals the condition of the body’s normal (antipathogenic) qi and its ability to battle pathogenic qi.
All physiological functions and pathological changes are associated with the zàng fû organs. Most often, the occurrence and development of disease is the result of zàng fû organ dysfunction. Zàng fû pattern identification is one of the core diagnostic methods in traditional Chinese medicine and is the foundation for clinical analysis and differentiation of every disease, particularly for interior and chronic conditions.
Zang Fu Pattern Identification Study Guide provides an in-depth description and analysis of the physiological characteristics, common etiological factors and pathological patterns of each of the zàng fû organs. Part I explores the five zàng or ‘solid’ yin organs, and Part II the six fû or ‘hollow’ yang organs. Similar patterns are differentiated from one another.
Part III examines the most common compound or complex patterns involving pathology between two or more associated organs. Part IV addresses more difficult questions that require deeper exploration. Rounding out the book in Part V is a comprehensive self-examination with 200 questions and answers based on the material in the text.
PART 1: ZANG ORGANS
- Chapter 1: Heart Disease Patterns
- Chapter 2: Lung Disease Patterns
- Chapter 3: Spleen Disease Patterns
- Chapter 4: Liver Disease Patterns
- Chapter 5: Kidney Disease Patterns
PART 2: FU ORGANS
- Chapter 6: Stomach Disease Patterns
- Chapter 7: Small Intestine Disease Patterns
- Chapter 8: Large Intestine Disease Patterns
- Chapter 9: Gallbladder Disease Patterns
- Chapter 10: Urinary Bladder Disease Patterns
PART 3: COMPOUND PATTERNS
- Chapter 11: Heart and Lung
- Chapter 12: Heart and Spleen
- Chapter 13: Heart and Liver
- Chapter 14: Heart and Kidney
- Chapter 15: Heart and Small Intestine
- Chapter 16: Spleen and Lung
- Chapter 17: Spleen and Kidney
- Chapter 18: Spleen and Stomach
- Chapter 19: Lung and Kidney
- Chapter 20: Liver and Kidney
- Chapter 21: Liver and Spleen/Stomach
- Chapter 22: Liver and Lung
- Chapter 23: Liver and Gallbladder
PART 4: QUESTIONS & ANSWERS FOR DEEPER INSIGHT
- The Questions in Summary
- Chapter 24: The Questions and Answers
PART 5: COMPREHENSIVE EXAMINATION
- Chapter 25: Exam Questions and Answer Key