Clinical Handbook of Internal Medicine
This important new 2nd Edition of Clinical Handbook of Internal Medicine: The Treatment of Disease with Traditional Chinese Medicine consolidates three individual volumes into a single flex-case hardcover edition. Until Nov. 15, save 25% with this special pre-publication offer from Eastland Press.
Chinese Herbal Medicine: Materia Medica (Portable 3rd Ed.)
Dragon Rises, Red Bird Flies supplement: Management & Treatment
- Phase Deficiency and Excess: A Template for Management and Treatment
- Water: Kidney Management & Treatment
- Wood: Liver Management & Treatment
- Fire: Heart Management & Treatment
- Fire: Small Intestine Management & Treatment
- Fire: Pericardium Management & Treatment
- Fire: Triple Burner Management & Treatment
- Earth: Spleen Management & Treatment
- Metal: Lung Management & Treatment
Handbook of Contemporary Chinese Pulse Diagnosis
Qin Bo-Wei’s New Guidelines for Treatment (in Chinese)
Dragon Rises, Red Bird Flies (Rev. Ed.), Ch. 11
Significant revisions were made to Ch. 11 when the revised edition of Dragon Rises, Red Bird Flies was published in the spring of 2010. The revised chapter is attached for those who have the earlier edition of the book.
Supplement to An Exposition on the Eight Extraordinary Vessels
This 6-page chapter was inadvertently omitted from the 1st printing of An Exposition on the Eight Extraordinary Vessels. It can be downloaded here.
Herb Index to Ten Key Formula Families in Chinese Medicine
Supplemental Resources for Chinese Herbal Medicine: Formulas & Strategies (2nd Ed.)
- Cross Reference of English Formula Names with Previous Edition
- Cross Reference of Traditional Chinese to English Formula Names
- Cross Reference of Simplified Chinese to English Formula Names
- Cross Reference of English-Japanese and Japanese-English Formula Names
- Bibliography of Premodern Sources [under construction]
- Timelines of Developments in Chinese Medical Formulas
List of East Asian Medical Book Titles
Draft Glossary for Chinese Medicine 2012
Draft Glossary for Chinese Medicine: Simplified Character Version 2012
Cancer and Traditional Chinese Medicine: Treating the Side Effects of Chemotherapy and Radiation with Traditional Chinese Herbs
Monograph by Amy Hanks
A significant body of research has been conducted in China on the ability of Chinese Herbal medicines to support the immune system of cancer patients and reduce the toxic side effects of conventional Western cancer therapies. This review details some of these studies, in hopes that cancer patients and oncologists outside of China can begin to consider Chinese herbs as a viable, safe adjunct to conventional Western medical interventions of chemotherapy, radiation therapy, and surgery.
Eastland Press Herb List: Arranged by Pinyin
This file arranges by pinyin all the herb names in the 3rd Edition of Chinese Herbal Medicine: Materia Medica. It contains the pharmaceutical and English names, as well as both the traditional and simplified Chinese characters.
Supplemental Resources for Chinese Herbal Medicine: Materia Medica (3rd Ed.)
The herb Lablab Semen album (bai bian dou) was inadvertently omitted from the first printing of Chinese Herbal Medicine: Materia Medica (3rd Ed.). It is a tonifying herb that belongs in Chapter 12, section 1. The full descriptive text and illustration of this herb can be downloaded here.
In the second printing of Chinese Herbal Medicine: Materia Medica (3rd Ed.), the addition of a single line of type in Chapter 2 caused some of the pages in sections 4 and 5 of that chapter to reflow, shifting text and illustrations to the next page. Here is a list of the new page numbers.
- Revised Page Numbers in Chapter Two of Second Printing
- Bookwide Changes and Errata in Second Printing